You're so RANDOM...

Tonight was our monthly Bunco night. It’s similar to Craps--it's Craps Lite. You have partners and you roll dice to try to get certain numbers, score points, and even win money possibly. It was at Alison’s house this time, and Alison is a fellow antique junkie like me, so she has these awesome pieces peppered throughout her house. Actually much of her furniture is antique. She’s a teacher, and so she even has a wooden child-sized schooldesk from back in the day! And she has these wonderful old ad and travel posters that she framed and hung up…I love her house! I also love her dog, Andy, who’s the cutest damn Chihuahua in the world.

I also found out that Beth may be moving away…south of the Mason-Dixon line! That’s like all the way across the country! Booooo!
But she & her husband may be really happy there…Yaaaaaay!
But I’m going to miss her…Booooo!
But she may find a great job and a fantastic house with a big yard for her son and dog to play in…Yaaaaay!
But I’m going to miss her…Boooooo!

I hope she is happy, wherever she ends up living, be it here or there. (Whispers) But I hope it’s here…shhhhh…

Tomorrow…must paint! Three different people asked me tonight how the painting is going, and I took it as a subtle synchronicity, saying that I should sit my ass down and paint both pictures I’m working on till they’re done. It’s good to socialize, which I’ve been doing a lot of lately, but it’s also good to keep your perspective and balance work with play. A lesson long ago learned in the short story, “Leaf by Niggle” by Tolkien. Learned, but not yet lived.

Speaking of painters…I love Teod Tomlinson’s work, and Alex Gross’s work (as well as their websites—I especially have a fondness for Alex’s website, as it looks like old-time printing). Teod is a new fellow artist on Virtual Canvas, and Alex was a link on his website. Seeing the work of talented artists just makes me insanely happy. It’s highly inspirational, which is starting to get the juices flowing, which makes me insanely happy that tomorrow is Saturday. (What I am NOT happy about is that this borrowed Mac doesn't show the text editing features on my create-a-blog page that my PC does...so I can't change the font, add hyperlinks, or even do bold or italics! I'm ever so grateful to even have a computer to use, but come on, Apple! I can do all of those features in Word, but they don't come over with the Paste. Duuuuuude...So please look up Teod [teod.com or virtualcanvas.com] and Alex [alexgross.com] in your browser, should you care to see their incredible work. MY GOD, does that feel SLOPPY!!!)

Comments

Popular Posts