Murphy’s got a law for that…

I recently got my picture taken for my new driver’s license. Last picture I had, I'd had no time to put on lipstick, because I rushed to get to the DMV in time for the appointment I’d made, and then they rushed me through, so my makeup ended up looking stupidly incomplete. Bugged me for years. This time, I had all my ducks in a row. I had my makeup finished before I left the house. My hair was curly and I had a black tank top on, which contrasted beautifully with my red hair. I looked good. Finally, I would have a decent picture for all to identify me by.

I got my license in the mail this week.

I have Rossetti hair.

Dante Gabriel Rossetti: Pre-Raphaelite painter, in the Victorian era. Known for the women he painted with his trademark classical, bow-like lips, such as you’d find on a Greek or Roman statue…and thick, wavy hair.

Witness two paintings by Rossetti:




Witness my new driver’s license photo:



I have Rossetti hair. Thick, helmet, Rossetti hair. It didn’t look like that in the mirror. Not in my bathroom, my living room, my rear-view, or in the car window after I got out and checked my look. I swear, it didn’t look like that.

Next time, I’ll be shaving my head. Then at least all you’ll be able to see is my potato head, but at least it’ll be my own potato head, and not reminiscent of a bad judgment call some artist made 150 years ago.

I love the DMV…

Comments

Princess Leah said…
OK, now that I see your drivers license photo, I can see how much of your hair you cut off! Wow! And thanks for the art lesson...and remember, it's not that bad to be compared to a work of art! :)
alanna_b said…
i think your i.d. looks fantastic. and remember: ca driver's licenses stretch your face horizontally, so there's no real way to take a good i.d. like, at all. if you want a good driver's license photo, you'llhave to leave ca. ;P
Gina said…
Thanks, you guys! I'm afraid I do still have RH, but maybe I can take a scan of my picture, stick it to some canvas, and paint on top of it, making it more artistic, and more Rossetti-like. If I'm gonna have the hair, I might as well go all the way and be IN a painting!

You'd think the CA DMVs could spend some money on digital cameras for their offices and hire a graphic artist to take the pictures and then make the pictures look like normal human beings...it's 2006, people!! GO with the 21st century advances! (:
Torie said…
And what is with the odd colors that those pictures turn us? I am absolutely orange in mine - I look like an Oompa-Loompa!!
Gina said…
As am I! I swear, officer, I have never been near a can of fake tan spray in my life! See? Graphic artists needed! Desperately!

Popular Posts