So long, farewell, auf Weidersehen, adieu

Tonight I received a message on my answering machine from the very kind, very patient owner of the café where my art is hung, asking me if I could come pick it up, as he has a couple of artists who have work they’d like to display. My paintings have been up almost a year. I can’t complain. It’s been a damn great run. And now it’s someone else’s turn. He said I could come back in a month or so, around January, but I don’t think that would be fair to give someone else only a month when I had a year. I might wait till the spring or summer to ask about new work going up. Maybe by then, I might have more than one new piece. So for now, I will just upload my new dancer girl painting to Virtual Canvas, once I get prints made. Of course I’ll let you all know when it’s up—I won’t forget about you!

I do have a reference from a work friend of mine for a gallery where she displayed some of her work. I can bring my work to show to them. Hell, I can bring my work to show any gallery now. I’m not afraid. My voice has begun to crystallize (do you say ‘voice’ when it’s painting? Or is it simply ‘vision’?). I know what I want to say and how I want to say it. I just have a mere three paintings that are in that category. Three is fine to be in a group show, but I do need to make more. Lots more. But I have a direction in which I know I want to go now, so there won’t be waffling. Ideas should come more smoothly. Execution, too. It’s all beginning to come together beautifully. Just beautifully.

Comments

Torie said…
Your paintings are wonderful - hopefully they will resurface in another gallery/venue soon. I can't wait to see the new one!

-Torie
Gina said…
Thank you!! They will have a home somewhere...I'm EVEN thinking of having an artists' reception at my place, inviting a ton of friends, displaying the old ones and unveiling the new one...with food & wine, of course. The holidays are right around the corner, though, when no one has any time, so we'll see!

Popular Posts