Hello, it's me

So. It’s been awhile...Yeah.

How’re things? Good! Good! Glad to hear it.

Me? Oh, well, I’ve been good. I’m mostly concentrating on developing my skills as a graphic artist, in order to further my career. That is, my current job, which shall remain nameless, isn’t going to be around forever, so I’m preparing myself for the inevitable changing of the guard that will someday happen. Art is really what I want to do anyway, and graphics is the money-making way to go, so I’m teaching myself to paint digitally, taking web design classes in Beverly Hills, and designing my own website. I already have my domain. I want to be certified so that I can go to a place like
this and be fully knowledgeable and ready to work. I might also want to get an agent for myself. Sure, they take a percentage of what you make, but they get you gigs. I’m not the greatest at going out and selling myself. Why not have a professional do it for me?

So I haven’t been going out and doing a lot of social things, except for Bunco and book club, because those are regularly scheduled things that are fun yet don’t cost a lot of time and money. And taking ballroom dance classes and learning to sew, which I’ve always wanted to do, for years. But I’ve been skipping shows lately. I don’t even look at my Ticketmaster e-mails that come in—I don’t even want to know who’s playing near me. And that’s all fine. Because I’m nearly 40 and I should be doing what I want to do with my life instead of something great that I just fell into. Even though I’m so grateful for the opportunity, I just want to do something creative every single day, whether it’s in PhotoShop, Illustrator, Quark, Dreamweaver, or even hand-drawing and painting. That’s what I want to do, and get paid for it. I have a great eye for design and color and I can draw, so I’m damn good at this.

So this is what’s important to me, what I’m focusing on right now. Time’s a-wastin’!! It’s been too long a-wastin’. I always have been a late bloomer, so it follows that I would be with this, too. But I wasn’t really ready before now. Now I’m ready.

Yeah, it was great talking to you, too. More about you next time, huh?

Maybe next week we can go grab some coffee together...You don’t mind if I bring my laptop, do you?

I’ll call you!

Comments

Popular Posts