Oh Seven Art Show

It was fabulous!! I forgot to bring my camera to both opening and closing nights (yes, Virginia, I AM a bad blogger), but I do have this little video that I found out that they made, so please enjoy that here. I'm the one who can't decide if my painting should go higher or lower or stay where it is (you can SEE the process of my thinking...it's sooooo funny!). It did stay where it was. Let's not be crazy about these things...

There were some fantastic new pieces in this show--great colors and concepts!!

So I'll condense it to highlights from both opening and closing nights:

Opening:
-My sister (in the cutest beret in the world) and brother-in-law came to see the show, as did my friend Marta. They all loved seeing my work up on a gallery wall, and not just in my apartment. Kudos and many thanks to all of them for coming out!!!

-There was a bit of drama that I just missed: the cops came barrelling into the gallery, guns drawn, to arrest a spectator, apparently for drugs. They tell about it in the video, those who saw it firsthand. I got there as they were loading him into the car. Awesome!!

-I talked to Lala and Andrea and Hilary, other wonderful artists in the show. Found out about some other galleries to submit work to.

Closing:
-My friend Mark was there; we chatted for a good long while, which we hadn't done in a long time.

-I talked to a few other artists, Doran, Frank, Randy, and another guy whose name I never got...but great pieces, all!

-There was jamming on the piano and conga drums the gallery has in the back room. Some people brought acoustic guitars, too. I got to jam on the congas. (: Not knowing how to play them like they should be played, I just kind of jumped in to what the piano and guitar players were doing. Kind of arty, kind of Kerouac and Ginsberg. Kind of "So I Married an Axe Murderer". Lala and me each took a drum and went to town when Randy was playing something on the piano that I didn't know. At one point, I was the lone girl jamming with a bunch of guys. God, it was so much fun...

No paintings of mine were sold, but I was invited back for Fool's Fest in April, to which I said "abso-fucking-lutely!" Followed by "thank you very much for thinking of me". (:

All the Sponto people (Gerry, Bruce, and all the artists) are soooo nice, and do such incredible work! I'm so grateful to have met them all. Paul Orso needs to come back and show. That's all I'm going to say.

Comments

Popular Posts