Los Angeles Freedom

I got a bike, y’all!!

Been wanting one for years, ever since I borrowed my sister’s years ago and started riding around my old neighborhood in the mornings--just never got around to the getting of one. I got some cash for my birthday, so I decided it was high time. The B man was instrumental in the procurement. I asked for his assistance because he knows the bike-age much better than I do. He scoped out the available bikes that fit my specs at the local bike shop, and found one that he thought was MADE for me. When I saw it on Saturday, I totally concurred. I fell in love with its looks. Cream-colored body with green leaves painted on it, brown leather seat and handle bar grips, 21-speed...it matches my coloring perfectly. Oh, he’s good.

I took it for a test ride in the parking lot, and fell madly, deeply in love...I bought the bike and a lock, and it only cost me $114 out of pocket. Oh yeah...He showed me how to take off the front wheel so I could fit it in my trunk easier, and how to put it back on. I can take it ANYWHERE I want to ride it!

We rode in B’s neighborhood for a little bit, with Smalldog running alongside, then I went home and rode some more on my own. I rode it Saturday for an hour and a half, Sunday for an hour. Going down roads I never knew existed in the three years I’ve lived here. It made me happy to just explore...

I live a little too far from my office to ride it to work, but I’ve decided I can take it to work with me in the car, and can ride it down to FedEx, or to pick up lunch or certain other errands I need to do in a day. Be environmentally responsible, save gas, get exercise, in one fell swoop! Yeah!!!

So, without further ado, behold the bicycle...


Comments

Libbycookie said…
Huzzah! Such great news, Gina. I'll have to photograph you for my friend's SF-based blog: http://velovogue.blogspot.com
Gina said…
Libby, thanks so much for sharing that!! I've come to realize...I AM a bike person!!

Popular Posts