Open Love Letter to All of You

Dearest One,

To have you in my life is to have a rare gem in my hand, richly-colored, and brought to life by light touching it in random places.

You are exceptional and extraordinary and are not quite like the others in my collection, but so are all of the others. All of you are dear, for different reasons, and I would never trade any of you. You possess such infinitely original qualities that I marvel at you whenever I am near you. You are brilliant in your creature-ness.

You mean so much to me. You don’t need to be like anyone else. Only yourself, as you are. You’re perfect in your you-ness. That’s all I want for you and from you.

Now see yourself as I see you.

Happy Love Day to You!!

Much love,
-G

Comments

Anonymous said…
So what you're saying is that we're all unique, so the only ones that are TRULY unique are the ones that are exactly like everyone else? :)
Gina said…
I leave it to my role model Maude to clarify:


-----------------------------------
Maude: I should like to change into a sunflower most of all. They're so tall and simple. What flower would you like to be?
Harold: I don't know. One of these, maybe.
Maude: Why do you say that?
Harold: Because they're all alike.
Maude: Oooh, but they're not. Look. See, some are smaller, some are fatter, some grow to the left, some to the right, some even have lost some petals. All kinds of observable differences. You see, Harold, I feel that much of the world's sorrow comes from people who are this,
[she points to a daisy]
Maude: yet allow themselves be treated as that.
[she gestures to a field of daisies]

Popular Posts