Goodbye to Sandra Dee

Boys, this is going to be a girly entry about clothes and makeup—feel free to leave the room until something more interesting is being discussed.

Okay, gals, here we go.

I have a mission. That is mission is to get funky with my attire. I still have clothes from the 90’s, fer cryin’ out loud. This will not do. I also have too many top-and-jean outfits. Tired of it. I want to combine creative with mainstream, and accessorize! Unusual necklaces, earrings, rings, pins, hairpieces. And more shoes, dammit! I’ve been denying my girliness for far too long. I can dress like a girl and still build bookcases, fer cryin’ in the night! I am woman—did you not hear me roar just now?? More importantly, I am artist!!

So the quest for the eclectic wardrobe is on! Hand-made jewelry, vintage clothes, art clothes made from patterns I make in Illustrator, hair combs & clips with flowers, feathers and jewels that I make, skirts with ruffles with adorable blouses or fancy tee shirts, cute heels. And, of course, killer makeup to go with it all.

Going to spend the rest of the night over at Etsy now…

Comments

Anonymous said…
I like to buy little brooches, pins, earrings, etc. from arts and craft fairs. I just love handmade accessories. I must make you a crocheted cloche, so you can pin a funky pin or ribbon to it. :) I have a croched collar I'm happy to give to you, if you want it. It would look darling against a dark blouse.
--Melinda
Gina said…
Me, too! I love both how unique they are AND that I'm supporting artists. I would LOVE a crocheted cloche!! And I would LOVE that collar, too! I was over at Etsy, and one seller is making "altered" clothes where she takes something plain and jazzes it up with ruffles or lace or florals or whatever. Inspiring!! Art Walk in September??
Anonymous said…
Okay, I'm going to look for some yarn for your cloche. :) And I would LOVE to do Artwalk again, even if it is only you and me. I'll see if anyone else can do it too. -M
Gina said…
Yay, Melinda!! A hat AND ArtWalk!! Thanks, Tess!!

Popular Posts