Know Thyself

So comes the end of an era. I no longer work at CKP.


I'm not supposed to discuss specifics, and so I won't, because they're truly not important, anyway. In a nutshell, I wasn't happy there anymore, after many internal changes. And I was thrown a lifeline: they let me go. I have to say, I received an education there (for which I am grateful), that will continue to serve me well, in my next incarnation…


Now I have time and opportunity to set up my own art business, the one I've been slowly trying to build in between business hours for months now. I took the Artist As Brand seminar a year ago, where I was given the tools I needed. Now I see the direction that I want to go in. I have a clear head, a place in which to think. And I have time to get things done.


Finally, captain of my ship, hands firmly on the wheel, steering where I want to go. Where I want to go. Powerful. In this last year, I've manifested both love and art as a living into my life. These are things that I want, with passion…Now they have alighted on my shoulder. I feel like I'm finding MY place in the world at long fucking last. Things I excel at, wonderful, warm people whom I gravitate towards and who gravitate towards me, sparking ideas and optimism all over. I know what I'm here for. And when you 'know thyself', it's easy-peasy to see where you best fit.

Comments

Martin said…
Gina, your spark is strong, your compass firmly pointing towards what it is you want. You have always been able to accomplish the things you want, you just never were able to make the time work. Now you have the time, and I will encourage you on, always. I love you. Together into the future, yes?
Jen said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said…
(Hands over the Captain's hat)
Your future awaits...
:-)
Gina said…
Martin--thank you for the wonderful words. Your support means the world to me, and you already know that. You've always been my cheerleader. :) I love you. And yes! Together! To the future!! (As in, to the Batmobile!) :D

Jen--I was HOPING you had the hat!! Thanks, my dear!! <3 :)

Popular Posts