A Juggler's Work Is Never Done

So...I'm back!!

"I didn't know you were gone, Gina..."

Yeah, I've been hibernating, laying low, not going out to shows or visiting many people. Why, you ask? One reason is money--trying to save the green as much as possible. Also, I've been working out some issues and have been just in my head space concentrating on that, and so haven't come up for air to see what's going on.

That's changed, however.

I can spend a little money. Not a lot, but a little here and there isn't going to break me.

And all brain and no play makes Gina...not much fun to play with. Grrrr...

SO! So far, I've been going drumming and out to eat with friends and to an accordion show (which is NOT all polkas, all the time, contrary to popular belief). It's been aces seeing people again! I miss my friends, old and new, on both coasts. I miss banter and dancing together and laughing and deep, intellectual conversations and sparking potential solutions to people's problems.

Now, here's where I normally need to stop and remember to balance the social outings with taking care of responsibilities and artwork. Otherwise I'll overcompensate for the time away and ONLY go out for a number of weeks, then look up and realize I haven't drawn or painted in a REALLY long time.

So now, I go out for a few days, pay some bills, do some work, make some art. The trick is to make time for all of it during the week, in small increments here and there.

I'll get it, eventually. Someday my little internal juggler is going to keep ALL of the bowling pins in the air.

Oh, and I have to finish my little juggler sculpture, too...you know, to remind me.

Comments

Martin said…
Being aware of your needs makes it easier to balance them, no? You can do it, Gina. I believe in you.

<3
Gina said…
Being aware is vital, yes. And journalling regularly is one way that helps me stay aware of my internal clockwork--talking is another.

Thank you, Martin--always believing in me. I'm always grateful to experience that, too.

<3

Popular Posts