Ir-rationale


This entry is going to involve the subject of menstruation, so those of you who have not the stomach/interest to read about such things, feel free to leave the room now, with no hard feelings.  I’ll wait. 

(Door closes) OK!  On we go.

This month...I’m getting hit HARD with the irrational emotions.  Not as hard as some women get hit, but harder than usual for ME.  As I’ve gotten older, my PMS has mellowed—I know, I thank Goddess every month for being so gracious to me—and so, as of late, I’ve had maybe a hiccup interrupt my emotional transmissions, a slight blip on my screen.  I take my Advil, drink my water, scarf my chocolate, and go back to business as usual when it passes.

But right now?   Don’t ask me any questions about how I feel about ‘x’ or ‘y’.   
Ask me how to get to Hollywood from Pasadena, or how much I spent on the Americano I’m drinking.  But please, for the love of all that is sacred, leave the emotional forays till next week.  Trust me. 

And by the way?  Not a good idea to make decisions about how you feel about particular issues, events, and other curricula vitae during this time.  Just sayin’.  Do not engage in Deciding While PMS-ing.  No DWP-ing.  Do not do it.  Because you will second guess yourself and question everything you decide on, once this passes.  Or while you’re still in it.  And then everything’s pointless and...GAH!!

So...for those who have had dealings with me this week and gone, “WTF?”, I thank you for your fortitude.  Y’all know who you are.  And for those of you who have given me virtual hugs and kisses and a boatload of love and understanding, and have in the past bought me chocolate and Cheetos while buying me pads and tampons, I thank you for your kindness as well.  Y’all know who you are.  

Solidarity, sisters.

Comments

Martin said…
I swear, Chocolate and Chips of many kinds should be sold in the same aisle as other feminine products. Essentials, you know?

And although I have boy parts, I am more than happy to just listen and see what you need, Love. It's part of caring for someone. And THAT is beautiful.
<3

m
Gina said…
Oh Martin, can we petition for grocery stores to do that?? Let's DO it!! :D ES.SEN.TIALS! Indeed!!

You EXCEL at listening and being what I need. The way you thoroughly care? IS beautiful. And I thank you, my dear. Hugs... <3 :)

Popular Posts