5 Things You Didn’t Know About Me

Okay, my turn (tagged by The Princess):

1. I have
synaesthesia, which is a fancy name for mixing sense experiences in the brain, like seeing letters and numbers as certain colors or tasting or smelling sounds, hearing colors. Tasting Oreos when Leah types...

2. I can wake myself up without an alarm clock, just by willing myself to wake up at a particular time before I go to sleep.

3. I am the finder of lost objects: if someone has lost something in the room I am in, I can usually “sense” where it is and find it.

4. I used to be afraid of singing around other people (even with just one friend or relative in the room with me). My parents once surprised me by applauding when I finished a little song-and-dance number my babysitter had taught me—I hadn’t known they were there watching—and I felt so unbearably self-conscious that I stopped singing in front of others for many years. But I’m completely over that now!

5. My first kiss was from my first boyfriend Mike, at a fall dance in my sophomore year, as we were sitting on the bleachers together, while “Crazy For You” by Madonna was playing. And it was fucking hot...

I tag
Alanna and Torie. Largely because they’re the only friends with blogs I can think of who haven’t done this yet.

Comments

Shannon said…
hi! i'm the Shannon who tagged The Princess who in turned tagged you. i have the same ability to find lost objects....crazy!
Gina said…
Hey, Shannon--wow, that's bizarre!! Now if you'd listed that as one of your five things, I'd really be plotzing!
alanna_b said…
Synesthesia is also sometimes reported by individuals under the influence of psychedelic drugs...

i didn't think pot was "psychedellic". hmm.
(oh noes, a drugg reference!)

you must now live with me and find all the stuff i lose.

and i'll definitely pass it on - i just need a little bit to think about something people DON'T know. i talk too much. ;P
alanna_b said…
done. and you got me to reveal a thing i didn't think i was ever going to. feel proud of yourself. ;D

Popular Posts