My own private Post Secret

I read Post Secret every so often. It’s a blog that posts anonymous secrets sent in by people on postcards. It made me want to write down some of my “secrets”. They’re not what you’d call decadent, believe me...

1. I’m afraid of balloons, like they’re guns that are going to go off without warning.

2. I got my driver’s license at 18, not 16—only because I had to drive myself to freshman orientation weekend for college.

3. Sometimes I think I have no talent or vision, while others have tons of it, and I’m just playing at trying to be an artist.

4. I like to hold smooth rocks in my hand when I’m nervous.

5. I try to show that I’m smart by throwing out some obscure bit of knowledge that I learned in school or college.

6. Sometimes I wonder if anyone will think I’m pretty or interesting enough to go out with me or fall in love with me again (even though I sure as hell think I’m pretty and interesting).

7. I always see significant meanings (like birthdays or people’s initials) in random letter/number sequences like license plates and serial numbers.

8. I like to stay after everyone’s gone home at friends’ parties and help clean up.

9. I look for my first name in the end credits of movies and TV shows, and if I also see the name of whatever guy I’m interested in at the time, it’s a sign that we’re going to be together at some point. If I already have a boyfriend, it means we’ll be staying together.

10. I like to peel my sunburned skin off. Especially when it comes off in sheets.


See? Nothing depraved or flamboyant. I DID put a disclaimer at the beginning...

Comments

Popular Posts