Font-astic!

Tonight I found the Holy Grail!!! At. Long. Last.

I finally found the font I have been looking for. It actually started as a joke. After work, I was telling Brandon how I was looking for the font they used for silent movie title cards, and he said, "Try oldfonts.com." Really? There's a site devoted to old fonts? Because I'm gullible, I had already grabbed the nearest laptop when he said he had me--he was just making it up. But I tried it anyway, and there was a site called oldfonts.com, but it didn't have the silent movie font. Leah suggested I type "silent movie" free font into Google. I did, and after a bit of poking around, I found it. It's not free, but it's very reasonably-priced. It's called Silentina, and it looks exactly like the old silent title cards. My head nearly exploded...The plan is to buy the font and use it on my website, possibly on my business cards, too. They're both still in the design stages. But oh, man, is it fun to design!

Last Saturday, I took a class in building websites. It was a highly informative class, for being only three hours long. I took away a ton of information. So now my head is buzzing with possibilities for my own website. Hence the font quest. And obtaining Front Page. Now I just have to settle on a domain name. And get my business cards on the presses. Over the weekend, I worked on designing them. I can't make another move, art-wise, without promo materials. Time to buckle down and do it already...Sheesh!

Comments

Popular Posts