Slackin'...well, not really

On my entries, yes. But not on life. I've been working like an insane person on my web pages and business cards. I created the background in Illustrator, did the text in PhotoShop (using my new silent movie font!), and I'm now working on the drawing/painting part. I'm simultaneously learning FrontPage slowly but surely as well (thanks to Leah's how-to book, that she let me borrow). I'm also slamming down lots of lemon ginger and peppermint tea--seems I'm having acid reflux something fierce. I really don't want to take the damn purple pill for the rest of my life, so I'm trying the herbal remedies first. I'm also eating some friggin' vegetables more than once a week, like an adult, for once in my life. My body likes vegetables. It also likes water. I'm giving it more of that, too. I'm beginning to realize that if I give my body what it needs, it's nice to me.

I met two new neighbors last night--a married couple--in our common parking area. Unfortunately, someone had parked in their spot, but luckily the person moved it not long after they drove up. The husband introduced himself, shook my hand, and I did likewise (his wife was still in the car, so I just waved and smiled at her). In the next couple of days, I'm going to bring them a little basket or dessert or something, welcoming them to the neighborhood. Do people do that anymore? I've heard that people used to do that a long, long time ago...but I have yet to witness it, personally. So fuck it, I'm gonna do it. It's a cool custom. And hey, who knows, I might make some new friends...within walking distance, even.

Comments

Popular Posts